Friday, March 14, 2014

Blessings Part 2

Hello, yes it has been 9 months and will not make any promises I will be better. I could tell you how busy I am here but that would be an excuse that would not work so well when I know people who are as busy as me and still they find time to post. I just felt an urge to try and share some of the blessings here in the Phoenix church and in my family along with some prayer request.  In my last post we were excited about the Washburn's coming to Phoenix.  They have been settling in nicely and we are thankful to have them here.  In the past few months we have welcomed two new couples who have either moved to Phoenix or in the process.  Sara and Isaiah Peter are here.  Isaiah actually arrived a couple months after Sara because she had started culinary school  but he came in Wednesday night and we are excited for them both.  Also we have Caitlin and D.J. Letcher trying to make there way here by April sometime.  They came and visited again for a couple weeks and God opened up the door for Caitlin to get a job. Please pray that there house sells back in KY so that they can get moved quickly. Our little church has been enjoying the blessings and presence of the Lord in our services and we are excited about the outreach to the community here also.

 Bro. Jimmie is headed to Afghanistan in just a short while and desire you pray for him while he is away.  We are not sure how long he will be gone for.  We had hoped since we have been saving for another trip to Israel he would be home in time but it might not be the case. As wonderful as the trip would be I am still on the fence as to going without him and bringing Adam or Sara if they could get that much time off.

We had a wonderful district convention last weekend. It was on loving one another.   Every message, boost and song were so good and you could feel the Holy Ghost drawing us closer to Him and each other.  At our home church I had actually preached 2 Sundays on this very subject and then got the schedule and saw what the theme was and the themes scripture given to this pastor. He had all the pastors in the region on to preach plus our regional overseer Jonathan Smith and Mexico national overseer Bro. BaƱuelos I was very excited to get there and hear and I wasn't disappointed. 

Next month we have our youth convention which will also be in Hatch, NM April 18-19th.  I have been trying to get all our VLB's there so we will have a nice bunch from Phoenix. Many are coming and excited to go.   We have our youth emphasis that week also and our VLB leader Adam Clifton will be doing a few special things with our youth.  We also have a youth revival coming up the first week of May with Stephen Wantulok scheduled. Going to get these youth zealed up and turn them loose on the Phoenix area.  Excited for what God is going to do in them and through them.

I also would like you to pray for my son and daughter in law.  She has had several miscarrages the last one was last year and we buried our precious Ellie June 5th.  Please be in prayer because she is about 14 weeks along and due early September.

God bless,

2 comments:

  1. It's WONDERFUL to hear something from you again, Sister Marcia! Praise God for all of your good news.
    We will be praying for Brother Jimmie. I didn't realize there was any hope at all of him joining us in Israel. You HAVE to go, you know! ;-) Seats are filling up quickly. I already know of at least 15 who say they ARE going. It's very exciting! --Did you know Amos had a heart attack a couple of months ago? He's recovering, but he needs our prayers. We've been praying for him a lot, and especially for his soul.
    I sincerely hope you will improve as a blogger. I need to hear from my friends and loved ones once in a while. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my applications sitting here. I am just concerned if I go ahead and make out one for him if he can't go how easy or hard it would be to change it to Sara or Adam so they could go instead. I guess I should find that out. :) Thank you for commenting. I figure as little as I comment on others and use this blog no one would. Ha! Ha! Praying for your Panama trip. Be keeping Amos in prayer. God bless Sister Smith.

    ReplyDelete