Tuesday, May 21, 2013

God's Blessings

I don't even know where to begin except to give God the praise for all He is doing at our Phoenix Valley church.  We are grateful and thankful for the Washburns who are in the process of moving here. It was an answered prayer.  We also have been having services on Tuesday night with the Spanish community over by where our members the Guteirrez live.  We have seen 6 people get saved. With 2 being sanctified and 1 receiving the Holy Ghost in the past 3 weeks of services.  One was outside in the courtyard and then two more took place in homes in the area.  We praise God for these and hope they will continue to grow and find their way to the church.  We had a potluck this past Sunday and had 23 attend church.

Now for the personal news. :)  I guess that was the personal news. Ha!Ha! just kidding I do have a little.  I am going to be a grandma again to a beautiful grand daughter due at the beginning of October. Yeah!  3 girls 1 boy is the count and all from Adam and Jen.  They are doing wonderful and  such a blessing to the church here.  He is going to be set forth as a lay minister at Regional Convention.  Brother Clarkson thought it would be nice to do it at that time. Sara is still working hard at the Children's Museum continue to pray she is able to find a full time job with regular hours. She is working weekends and is still able to be at church because our service being at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday but this will not be the case forever.   Aaron is finishing up his semester with college and planning to attend BTI and Arkansas camp here in a couple weeks.  He is planning to return home and continue his job search for the summer.  Bro. Jimmie is still stationed at Ft. Lewis, WA and I am planning to visit him this next week. It is hard to find time when he comes here for work and when we are so busy with church work so I am attempting to go visit him.  He will still be working while I am there but he will be getting 4 days off this weekend for memorial day.  We are planning to take a trip. I believe north across the border but not sure because he won't tell me but told me to bring my passport. :)

Testimony: We have been trying to get our tax exempt status 501C3 for the local church here and I filed the Articles of Incorporation for nonprofit here last week.  In Arizona you don't get very far in fund raising or anything else without it, complicated and I won't bore you with all the details still needing done but  I got the paperwork in the mail and it said we have been approved.  The wonderful news and part of the testimony is that we were able to get the name The Church of God.  Woohoo! The lady at the filing place asked me about the name. She said did you look on line to find out if it was available. I told her I sure did and reserved the name. She said she was surprised no one had taken the name and that we were able to get it.  I told her it was no surprise for God we are The Church of God.   Anyways I got to witness a little and she was very sweet nice lady. 

God bless and will write again next month, Lord willing. :)

P.S. So good to hear from you Sister Karen. I  pray all is well with you and Alan.  I hope you know your are in my thought and prayers. We should try to talk soon. :)

10 comments:

  1. Praise God from Whom all blessing flow!!! Isn't God good?
    So nice to hear something new from you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!

    Uh-oh...I kept Mike from being at the Tuesday meeting tonight. I'm sorry. He also may have forgotten. I had him looking at a mattress at Sam's before they sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I was on my way out of town so I don't believe they had a service this past Tuesday night. So he was safe. Hope he found you both a good mattress. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad that the Lord is blessing you all down there. Your post really touched me. To hear that Adam and Jennifer are serving the Lord is a HUGE blessing in it self. And to hear of people from a different part of our county coming out west is also a wonderful blessing from God.
    So, exciting about your new grandbaby :)
    Enjoy your time with your husband. I'm so glad you get to be with him for a while. I'll wave at you from Montana ;)
    OH!!! That reminds me.... Have you are Sara ever held a Mission Cursade??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Sist. Melissa, I did a Mission Crusade this past October and March in New Mexico but I don't think Sara has ever done one. I am sure she would do great thought with one. :) God bless.

      Delete
    2. COOL!! I will have to talk with that girl :)

      Delete