Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Catching up?

Oh, I have been so bad at this blogging and probably won't get much better at it in the future.  Who am I kidding anyway. I have never kept a diary or even cared to spend time writing but I just keep on trying hoping I will get better.

I do have a load of stuff to tell about but  it all goes back  to IYC and assembly.  But instead I will start with the most recent because it is the freshest in my memory.  Yeah! we have a more permanent place to worship.  We move into our new office space the last weekend of October. At least that is what  we are shooting for.  We have a resting place for the 30 chairs God blessed us with that are setting in my garage.  Everyone is so excited and let me tell you God was definitely showing himself strong.  The landlord came down over $200.00 in rent and he didn't make us sign a long lease.  These are two of the things I was concerned about. Price of course and a long lease. I actually told them no twice with the offers he made because when I prayed I felt God told me he had something better in mind for us so I waited until the better come along.   I won't go into details on this public blog but if you average out 3 services per week and what we were paying for just 3-5 hrs at the Quality Inn the past 2 years. We are paying less than there and I feel good about that for the local church.

We also have welcomed the Guterriez family into our midst and they have been a real blessing to us. Sister Karla is interpreting for us and she is doing an awesome job.  We have had some beautiful services and the Holy Ghost has been moving steadily since we returned from the assembly.  We have had visitors who have come back.  We also are getting ready to have services in Scottsdale with some of the Spanish family and friends of the Guterriez. Many who need to get things worked out with God and many who were once members who we hope come back and get established in the Word.  Keep us in your prayers.  I know I need them so much.  I realize how frail and fleshly these human bodies are. Subject to sickness and tiredness.  I praise God he keeps me strong and going and I know that many of you pray for me and our church here in Phoenix.  We desire and appreciate them so much.

I am headed to Albuquerque, NM on Thursday and will be back early Sunday morning so I can preach at our local church also but will be preaching at their Mission Crusade for the 3 days.  Very excited to have been asked and can't wait to get into service and worship with the folks there.  I am praying God really move on the people who attend. Turn our eyes to the harvest Lord and as Sister Bishops theme for the year goes, "Lift Up Your Eyes And Look On the Fields For They Are White Already to Harvest." I wish I could stay longer but it is hard to leave the flock here and I will be gone for at least a couple of Sundays in November.  Ladies Retreat is coming up on Nov2nd and some of our local ladies and I are going to travel to be there and then our trip to Israel at the end of November first of December.  I am way excited about that!  Going to stop for now. We have a bible study tonight and I need to get going and get copies, etc, etc. 

5 comments:

  1. Praise God for your wonderful news!!! I'm so happy for you guys. I pray the Lord will continue to direct you each step of the way.
    I suppose you're in Albuquerque this very moment. May the Lord bless your Mission revival there. Right now Brother Smith and I are with Sister Bishop, holding a revival at her local church in Alex City, AL. We've had two good services, with 2 more to go. We've been blessed.
    I'm real excited for the Israel trip. God is doing some wonderful things right now and I know Brother Smith is anxious to share some of it with those on the trip. It's just about 5 weeks away now. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so excited about what God is doing here and all over His church. I can hardly wait to see what is going to happen next. We doubled are attendance the first Sunday in our building and I didn't have enough chairs for everyone. What a great problem to have. I went and got more which the Lord provided. Next maybe we will have to take a wall down. :) Looking forward to hearing all the news and spending time all together on the trip. I am so excited I can hardly contain it these days. The excitement is about the spiritual blessings I know He is going to pour out on all of us.

      Delete
  2. Hey, I found you again....NO really I have been so busy with kids stuff, work, among other things I have no time. I missed church today due to work and studied during lunch and felt compelled to contact you today. I am going to take this as we need to catch up. Love always, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this was Cindy Brown cause I just realized it could have been my niece contacting me too through this post. LOL. Either way I miss and love you both. :)

      Delete
  3. Hello, its been way to long old friend. We have so much to catch up on. I would love it if you and Bro. Keven could come visit sometime. We could spend necessary days catching up. :) I am ashamed of how long it has been since we talked but I hope you know you are always in my prayers and we love you all very much. Life is very busy here also and all my time is spent in the work of the Lord which I love and do not mind at all. I do wish I had more time to spend with my husband but even in that God helps and has made it possible we are going to be able to spend about 10 day in Israel together. I haven't seen him since Sept. 15th so although I hate leaving my church family here I am looking forward to what God is going to do through this trip in both Jimmie and my life and the added bonus of time with him. Love and prayers Sister Marcia your BFF.

    ReplyDelete