Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Summer is here!

Yes, summer is here in Arizona.  It has been getting close to 100 degrees which if you have  lived here for awhile doesn't feel so bad. I am heading into my 5th year here so I have become accustomed to higher temps.  It is when we are consistently get over 110 and the nights only cool off to upper 90s that it gets difficult to have any kind of relief other than inside in the air conditioning.  The other ways to cool off is to go about an hour north or east and it will drop about 20 degrees. Which is really nice.  I have been trying to give our new young couples advice on how to keep from getting sick but sometimes the way people learn is the hard way.  :)  You have to drink water constantly especially when you first get here. I'm talking about caring water around with you or you get dehydrated and sick. Also for some reason Vitamin D deficiencies are terrible around here. I've been told it is because of not being able to be in the sun enough cause of the high temps and also I have been told that the way the suns rays slant here and because of the blanket of dust etc particles because of no rain we can't get the needed rays to our skin so it can process it.  My son Adam and a few others have had this problem so something is different here.   I had both problems when I came here and because my thyroid is messed up I have a hard time with the Vitamin D deficiency consistently.  But through prayer and good diet I am able to feel good and keep it balanced. :)  I am feeling very sorry right now for our Alaska couple especially Brother Isaiah.  I think his system is going to be in shock for awhile.  That Eskimo blood is not use to these high temps. Caitlin and D.J. have arrived  and settling in.  We have had so much growth lately we are going to have to find a bigger place to worship.  Very thankful for all that have moved here and pray they learn to love Arizona (even with the hot temps). 

We just had a youth revival with Bro. Stephen Wantulok.  It was wonderful and he was a real blessing to my family and the church.  He is on fire for God and loves the church and he shared that spark and enthusiasm with us. I saw immediate results in our people after he left.  Each person excited and wanting to be busy for God and his church. :)  I have a few pictures to upload.

 Bro. Stephen Wantulok, Sara Peter and kids singing and acting out "I've got peace like a river"."Brother Stephen has it in his sole I mean soul. Ha!

 Mother's Day fellowship with some of the church membership. Sara being Sara. Ha!
 My grand daughter Hanna praying for the offering during one of our services.
 Easter! Sister Sara had fun with the kids teaching them a fun new way to dye eggs. Very messy.
 Adam and Jen on the same day we colored those eggs. We also had a mail outreach that morning at the house with those that could make it out.
 Our youth minus Caitline and D.J. Letcher they were on their way
 Sara Clifton singing and playing guitar at the youth convention.
 Sister Karla Gutierrez getting to do a little interpreting at convention Sister Jamey Hays and daughter at youth convention in Hatch, NM. VLB march below at youth convention.

3 comments:

  1. She has to talk to her old newcomers too....we seem to be falling apart.....Bro mike has suffered the vitamin d deficiency and I think I have a dehydrated headache right now. 100 degrees is not bad here but I do feel sorry for our Alaskan .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOO excited for all the new growth you guys have received. Praise the Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What exciting things happening in Az. Great post and pictures. Happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete